Working with young fathers
Standard (two-day) course
A training program that spans two days is designed to equip managers, volunteers, and front-line workers from various settings such as maternity services, youth offending teams, teenage pregnancy centers, and children’s centers to work effectively with young fathers. The course aims to enhance the knowledge, skills, and confidence of participants to engage with young fathers, develop strategies, and create a team approach to support them. It also teaches how to plan for supporting young fathers and use networks to provide assistance. The course covers topics such as the importance of fathers in child development, barriers to positive father-child engagement, and cultural issues that influence our perceptions of young men/fathers. Additionally, it explores how services can reinforce or break down these barriers.
A two-day training course to help managers, front-line workers and volunteers in a variety of settings (including Children’s Centres and other early years services, maternity services, Connexions, teenage pregnancy and youth offending teams):
- develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with young dads
- explore and develop strategies to engage with young dads
- think about how to create a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging young dads
- plan needs-led approaches to engaging with and supporting young dads
- consider how to use networks to support young dads.
Participants on the course explore:
- why fathers of all ages are so important to children
- barriers to positive father-child engagement in families where mum and dad are together, and where they are not
- how services can reinforce these barriers, and how they can break them down
- the personal and cultural issues which shape our perceptions of young men/fathers
- effective recruitment strategies.
Introductory (one-day) course
We offer an introductory version of this course, in which participants explore and develop strategies to engage with young dads, begin to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with them and discover a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging them.
Prices start at R15500. Find out more from email@example.com.